The Disease Outbreak Response System Condition (DORSCON) level was raised from Yellow to Orange on 7 February 2020 (Friday). The safety of our students and our staff is of utmost importance to us hence we have stepped up additional precautionary measures at our centres with immediate effect:
Precautionary Measures at BlueTree
1. Travel Declaration:
- A Health and Travel Declaration Form (https://forms.gle/fX3K77onf3i31zfC9) has been emailed to all parents. Kindly complete the Declaration Form and update us immediately if there is any change to your responses.Kindly inform us if any of your family member has travelled/ would be travelling to China.
- All staff members are required to fill in a Health and Travel Declaration Form before reporting to work. Staff are also required to update us of any changes in their responses.
2. Leave of Absence (LOA) for Students and Staff:
- Students who have travelled to China will be required to stay at home for 14 days upon their return (counting from the day after return). Please complete the online Declaration Form.
- Should a teacher or other staff member observe symptoms of infection in a student, as advised by MOH, parents will be informed to pick the student up from the centre.
- In the event that it is necessary for your child to miss some classes temporarily, we will contact you immediately to make the arrangements.
- All staff members who have travelled to China will be required to work from home or take LOA for 14 days upon their return (counting from the day after return).
- Staff who are feeling unwell or exhibiting symptoms of infection are required to work from home or take medical leave.
- Disinfection of Centres
- Mandatory wipe-down with disinfectant solutions will be conducted in the classroom before the start of each lesson. We will also step up the cleaning of common surfaces and areas such as door handles, front desk counter and in-centre washrooms.
- Mandatory Temperature Taking of All Visitors
- Temperature-taking will apply to all visitors, including parents who wish to enter our centre premises. Please be advised to refrain from entering the centre during this period.
- Visitor Registration
- To facilitate contact tracing in the event of infected cases, we will also collect contact details of all visitors except students coming for lessons, before allowing access into the centre. This includes accompanying parents of students who wish to enter the centre.
- Stringent Procedure for Visitors, Students or Staff who are Unwell
- If a visitor, student or BT staff member presents with a fever of 37.5°C or higher, they will be required to put on a mask and be sent home. Parents will be notified to pick their child up.
- An isolation area has been identified at each BT centre. Unwell students will be asked to wait at the isolation area while waiting for their parents to pick them up.
MOH’s Public Health Travel Advisory
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has advised the public to remain vigilant and to adopt good personal hygiene practices. Here are some precautions we wish to highlight:
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness;
- Observe good personal hygiene;
- Practise frequent hand washing with soap (e.g. before handling food or eating, after going to the toilet, or when hands come into contact with respiratory secretions after coughing or sneezing);
- Wear a mask if you have respiratory symptoms such as a cough or runny nose;
- Cover your mouth with a tissue paper when coughing or sneezing, and dispose of the soiled tissue paper in the rubbish bin immediately; and
- Seek medical attention promptly if you are feeling unwell
We will continue to monitor the situation and step up our precautionary measures where necessary to safeguard the health of our students and staff. Please feel free to contact us at 9616 0312 for any enquiries and we’ll be glad to assist you.
Thank you for your continued support and trust in BlueTree.