It has been more than a month since we reopened our centres for physical lessons after the announcement of commencement of Phase 2 by the Multi-Ministry Taskforce on 19th June.
We take the safety and well-being of our students and staff seriously and will continue to keep to our precautionary measures that we have implemented since February to keep everyone at BlueTree safe.
Precautionary Measures at BlueTree
1. Leave of Absence (LOA) for Students and Staff:
- Students who are unwell or who have household members on SHN, QO or unwell must stay at home. Alternative arrangements will be made for students who are attending physical lessons to attend online instead.
- Should a teacher or other staff member observe symptoms of infection in a student, as advised by MOH, parents will be informed to pick the student up from the centre.
- In the event that it is necessary for your child to miss some classes temporarily, we will contact you immediately to make the arrangements.
- Staff who are unwell or who have household members on SHN, QO or unwell must stay at home. Alternative arrangements will be made if a teacher’s lesson is affected and parents will be contacted as soon as possible.
- Staff who are feeling unwell or exhibiting symptoms of infection are required to work from home or take medical leave.
2. Safety and Hygiene:
- Students and staff must wear their masks at all times and are reminded to observe and practise good personal hygiene. Hand sanitisers are available for use at the centres at all times.
- Disinfection of Centres
- Before reopening of our centres, we have engage a professional disinfection service agent to thoroughly disinfect and wipe down high-touch areas for all our centres. During operation hours, common surfaces and areas such as door handles, front desk counter and in-centre washrooms will also be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected more frequently.
- All classrooms will be vacated 30 minutes after each lesson and mandatory wipe-down of tables and chairs with disinfectant solution will be conducted in the classroom. This will affect lesson timings.
- Physical Distancing at Centres
- As an added safety measure and advisory from the Ministry of Education, parents will not be allowed to enter our centres and are advised to leave upon dropping off their child. If you require to speak to any of our staff members, please inform our admin staff and wait patiently outside the centre to be attended to.
- Intermingling of different classes is not allowed.
- Students must be seated in groups of 5, each group is 1m apart. No physical interaction is allowed between the groups. Teachers need not maintain 1m from the students during the lesson but are highly advised to minimise contact as much as possible.
- Dismissals will be staggered. Each class are to take turns to leave the centres.
- SafeEntry Check-in and Check-out
- To facilitate contact tracing in the event of infected cases, all staff, students and visitors are required to scan the Safeentry qr code for to record their entry and exits in and out of the centres. Students who do not have their own phones may present their student pass for barcode scanning or manually key in their BC number for checking in and out of the centres.
- Mandatory Temperature Taking All Staff, Students and Visitors and Stringent Procedure for those who are unwell
- Temperature-taking will apply to all staff, students and visitors, including parents who wish to enter our centre premises. Please refrain from entering the centre during this period. Those who record temperature of 37.5°C or higher after 3 consecutive tries will be not be allowed in the centre and sent home.
- An isolation area has been identified at each BT centre. Unwell students will be asked to wait at the isolation area while waiting for their parents to pick them up.
MOH’s Public Health Travel Advisory
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has advised the public to remain vigilant and to adopt good personal hygiene practices. Here are some precautions we wish to highlight:
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness;
- Observe good personal hygiene;
- Practise frequent hand washing with soap (e.g. before handling food or eating, after going to the toilet, or when hands come into contact with respiratory secretions after coughing or sneezing);
- Wear a mask when you leave the house;
- Cover your mouth with a tissue paper when coughing or sneezing, and dispose of the soiled tissue paper in the rubbish bin immediately; and
- Seek medical attention promptly if you are feeling unwell
We seek your kind understanding and cooperation as we understand that some of the procedures may cause some inconvenience to you.
We will continue to monitor the situation and step up our precautionary measures where necessary to safeguard the health of our students and staff.
Please feel free to contact us at 9616 0312 for any inquiries and we’ll be glad to assist you.
Thank you for your continued support and trust in BlueTree.